2004-11-17 - Edmonton, AB - Rexall Place

Been to a show and would like to give a review?

Moderator: Moderators

nhaste
Experienced Groupie
Experienced Groupie

Post by nhaste »

Were the 3rd encore songs actually on the setlist?? If so, that must be the first time in quite a while (if ever?) where 3 encores have been planned.... I know they did 3 encores at one of the club shows earlier this year, but I don't think that was planned....

Nick
sherpahigh
Completist
Completist

Post by sherpahigh »

opiated wrote:although yes..3 encores, notice a much shorter first set
I wouldn't say much shorter. Overall 24 songs compared with 23 at Kelowna.

The first 3 shows have been looking pretty sweet. Hope the next few are just as good if not better. :thumb:
Advanced Groupie
Advanced Groupie

Post by Locked »

In all the years of seeing the hip,
I have yet to see "Three Pistols" played in Boston..

That song kicks ass...
its the epitomy of "Rock and Roll" IMO...

Consider yourselves lucky!

Can"t wait for the (Official? or Unofficial?) boot...

Scott (jealous) :thumb: in Boston
oilfan93
New Maybe
New Maybe

Post by oilfan93 »

Yes Nick, they did plan the 3 encores! They played 3 as well when they stopped here at the New City for the small club show this summer. I guess we're just spoiled here!
Here's a pic I took of the setlist I got..The references beside some of the songs are the guitars that Paul plays for each song I'm pretty sure.
Hopefully it works, because I've never posted a picture on here before
Tthip
The Last Recluse

Post by Tthip »

I find it interesting that they played three encores - and ALL three encores were the same songs and order as the setlist stated.
You almost always see them change something up.
"We're forced to bed, but we're free to dream"
Dana
jay stains

Post by jay stains »

nice, very nice. do you think the boys probably played there hearts out because they had a day off before and a day off today? i just hope the toronto show has a few surprises, and i'm banking on 50 mission cap to close one of the sets! i just wish they'd play coconut cream...just once
jvjones
Advanced Groupie
Advanced Groupie

Post by jvjones »

That is just an awesome setlist. If Saskatoon is anything like Edmonton, we are in for a treat. I also like the 3 encores for a total of 24 songs, even though the first 2 shows were only one song less. There's something about playing 3 encores that sounds way cool...let's do it again in Saskatoon!!!
ikky99
DareDevil
DareDevil

Post by ikky99 »

mark wrote:i think i need to go home and change my pants :(

i would seriously have a small orgasm in my pants if they played 3 pistols in Saint John
That's funny stuff - exactly what I was thinking!
thedarkcanuck
Completist
Completist

Post by thedarkcanuck »

last nights show was definately top 3 out of 15 shows i`ve been to...the boys had the game face on...edmonton always seems to bring out the best of them...had 3rd row dead centre...had another baser sitting beside me with his young son...can`t remember your name but just wanted to say good on you for taking him, i don`t have any kids myself but i can only imagine the feeling of taking one`s son to a hip show :thumb: ...got home at 3:00am and had a nice 18hr day today so before i blink toontown will be upon us...let me tell you, if the boys put on half a good show as they did in e-town...we are in for a treat!
7/17/95-Craven
11/18/96-Saskatoon
7/21/97-Saskatoon
9/16/00-Winnipeg
11/24/00-Red Deer
07/14/02-Camrose
9/26/02-Edmonton
9/27/02-Edmonton
8/1/03-Kelowna
6/22/04-Edmonton
11/17/04-Edmonton
11/20/04-Saskatoon
10/28/06-Calgary
1/19/07-Regina
7/18/07-Saskatoon
6/22/08-Calgary
8/4/09-Saskatoon
9/14/09-Edmonton
9/19/09-Banff
7/14/11-Edmonton
1/23/13-Edmonton
7/6/13-Saskatoon
10/10/15-Houston
7/28/16-Edmonton
7/30/16-Edmonton
8/01/16-Calgary
prairiedog
Advanced New Maybe
Advanced New Maybe

Post by prairiedog »

Just recovering now. Home by 5:00 AM DC, you beat me by an hour and a half. 3rd row dead centre (fellow baser helped with password as the hipclub email was a day late..thank you thank you.)
Had my 9 yr old son with me and while we almost had to use a coke bottle for a bathroom during the 3rd encore it was a great time had by all. Best part was having four of my friends (marginal hip fans) in the seventh row. They all said it was the best show they had ever seen...period.
I thought that they did change up the setlist on the go as both Paul and GD broke strings during Fireworks, they had a group huddle near Johnny then carried on. I thought they were moving songs around while the crew fixed their gear...guess not according to the setlist pic.
Doober
New Maybe
New Maybe

Post by Doober »

EDIT
colin
Groupie In Training
Groupie In Training

Post by colin »

[quote="prairiedog"]
Had my 9 yr old son with me and while we almost had to use a coke bottle for a bathroom during the 3rd encore it was a great time had by all. quote]

I was 5th row and we saw your son and he was singing along to all of the songs. That was super cool!
Summiteer
Wheat King
Wheat King

Post by Summiteer »

Just got back from Edmoville today, It was everything that everyone said and that much more! Indeed Edmonton always is a wicked show!!! I've not seen a bad Hip gig in that town. ~~
I will not give up. My face is set,my gait is fast,my goal is heaven,my road is narrow,my way is rough,my companions are few,my guide is reliable,my mission is clear. I cannot be bought,compromised,detoured,lured away,turned back,diluted or delayed. I will not flinch in the face of sacrifice,hesitate in the presence of adversity,negotiate at the table of the enemy,ponder at the pool of popularity,or meander in the maze of mediocrity. I will not give up,shut up or slow down....Blessed Be!
Doober
New Maybe
New Maybe

Post by Doober »

Yeah that was a fun concert but too many people smoking weed. I seen my friends 9 year old son just getting baked because of the guys in front of them were blowing it back.
Billy
DareDevil
DareDevil

Post by Billy »

Doober wrote:Yeah that was a fun concert but too many people smoking weed. I seen my friends 9 year old son just getting baked because of the guys in front of them were blowing it back.
Weed smoking at a Hip concert, or really any concert for that matter, is not unexpected, and a risk you run if you don't want to inhale it or have a kid inhale it. If the guys were purposely blowing it in the boys face, why didn't the father plow them? I know I would if someone was being an ass like that to my kid.