2006-06-17 - Lewiston, NY - Artpark

Been to a show and would like to give a review?

Moderator: Moderators

mrlayance
Tragically Rich
Tragically Rich

2006-06-17 - Lewiston, NY - Artpark

Post by mrlayance »

Post Your Review
I need 2 Kingston Tickets, please help.
gibbytime39
Experienced Groupie
Experienced Groupie

Post by gibbytime39 »

wow..........wacky setlist. opened up with Dont Wake Daddy......
gone from the setlist were: grace too, NOIS, poets, vaccination scar,
fully completely. nothing from Road apples.
tunes that were played: three new ones......no threat
the wherewithal, we'll go too, chagrin falls, something on, puttin down, greasy jungle, Nashville, summer is killing us,
blow at high dough, 100th meridian,courage, Nautical disaster, ABAC

sorry its not in order and i may have missed afew. cool rants and into to greay jungle about doing the dishes on fathers day.

it was a rather short show clocking in at less than a hour and a half.
VERY DRUNKEN CROWD.......
very cool different set list.
gibbytime39
Experienced Groupie
Experienced Groupie

Post by gibbytime39 »

also, bob c and springtime in vienna..................
fans were ready to riot when they didn't come out for another encore.
Gord was looking pretty slimmed down.
cool intro for Nautical........
Shredd
Groupie In Training
Groupie In Training

Post by Shredd »

pretty strange set but i liked it a lot

highlights: Chagrin Falls, Wherewithal, Bobcaygeon, greasy jungle

gord was in great form, the choking with the mic was priceless :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
tth50mc
New Maybe
New Maybe

Post by tth50mc »

Just got back from the show... reminded me very much of the last tour when they came to rodchester. Tonight, only 1 encore... the crowd was pumped and cheering hard for the second... house lights came on and there was a resounding BOOOO from everyone. anyways a good show but seen many better ones from the boys from kingston.

here's a pic of the setlist... the lady beside me got it instead of me.

gratts99
DareDevil
DareDevil

Post by gratts99 »

I have to say, this being my 10th plus show..this was the best.

The setlist was catered towards the hardcores of the crowd for sure and being one , i truly loved it. Gord was animated throughout the night, going down on the ground after being struck by that damn snake he calls a microphone and during one song (something on i think) he went over to the side of the audience and held hands with some of the crowd for about a min.

What a friggin show.... Dont wake daddy, something on, puttin down, chargin falls, WHEREWITHAL., Greasy jungle!!!!!!!!.... wow wow wow

Tailgated for a bit in the heat , watched my friends drink 10 beers a piece ( i think that was the norm tonight from some of the people i saw)
saw a camera set up, my buddy went over and he said he was from hipfans.com , and we all are jacked to see this concert again.

The new songs are excellent, soild rockers as described before, they are heavy for sure in the world of the hip and i think you all will love them if you havent heard them. Only semi downfall of the night was 100th merdian. It was the shortest i've seen in a while , the bands tempo never picked up where it usually does and gords ry cooder rant was slowed down. But who the hell cares about that when they pull out the songs they did tonight.

Thank you so much :thumb:
Parce
New Maybe
New Maybe

Post by Parce »

Very solid show. The Dont wake daddy opener was great and chagrin falls and the wherewithal made the show. If it wasnt for the disapointing closer, ABAC it would have been amazing.
nhaste
Experienced Groupie
Experienced Groupie

Post by nhaste »

Wow... I don't know when the last time was that they've had this much setlst variation... you honestly have no idea what song is coming next!

Have they ever opened with Daddy before?

I have a glimmer of hope for Emperor Penguin at Belleville or Fort York!

Nick
nhaste
Experienced Groupie
Experienced Groupie

Post by nhaste »

Also, I wonder if they are only leaving out New Orleans for the US shows?

Nick
jodisoko
Advanced New Maybe
Advanced New Maybe

Short hip show

Post by jodisoko »

Seen the Hip for the past five or so years everywhere from Michigan and through New York and Ontario, gotta say this was a bit of a disappointment due to the short show, no second encore and lax security but I guess the atmosphere of great tailgate location, drunken fans and steamy night (Greasy Jungle so appropriate) was worth it.
Setlist was a bit varied and not traditional, which I like. New songs were awesome (really easy to listen to the first time unlike the norm which usually takes two or three times of a listen to get into it)
Our group thinks "something went wrong" for them not to do a second encore. (maybe it was drunken fans who were throwing lightsticks, etc. up on stage)
Gord is still Gord, although skinny!, with his writhingstage antics and microphone mannerisms. Love his poetic diversions especially the one about "Oh (or go) Canada, Be a draft dodger" probably an anti-war message. I also wonder if they're not playing New Orleans in the states. We'll see next week in Fort York. (Then I'll decide if it's worth going to Stratford) Anyone going to Amsterdam?
trevor
Completist
Completist

Post by trevor »

gratts99 wrote: saw a camera set up, my buddy went over and he said he was from hipfans.com
That's strange!!
I didn't go to the show and I'm pretty sure Chris is in Kingston for the weekend...Maybe he meant the hipbase???
brian1175
Experienced Groupie
Experienced Groupie

Post by brian1175 »

This was my wife and I's 35-40th show, we lost track at 20, and I thought it was great. The atmosphere tailgaiting, the venue and the show were all great. The crowd was into it more than any other show I can remember. The setlist was awesome. After the show we had a couple hundred people chanting Brind'Amour sucks to guy wearing his jersey. I would have to rate this in maybe top 5 but definitly top 10.
gratts99
DareDevil
DareDevil

Re: Short hip show

Post by gratts99 »

jodisoko wrote:
Our group thinks "something went wrong" for them not to do a second encore. (maybe it was drunken fans who were throwing lightsticks, etc. up on stage)

They havent done a second encore on this "summer fling" yet, watch for it in toronto though
LoftyPines
Sherpa
Sherpa

Post by LoftyPines »

Don't wake Daddy for an opener!?!?! hahaha. Thats nuts! I was betting money last night with my friends that they would open with Vac Scar followed by Grace, Too tonight. Looks like I will be buying a round after the show!

I think this tour is going to be a lot different from years past, simply because they dont have the album out yet. They don't have to sprinkle in new tunes, and can experiment more with older tunes. Though it is great to see some new tunes played. Really hoping for No Threat tonight, it has become one of my favs!
sean.bonner
Hipbase Staff
Hipbase Staff

Post by sean.bonner »

I wonder what the last full set concert was where Poets wasn't played?
2004-12-03 - Saint John/2005-09-03 - Moncton/2006-06-30 - Charlottetown/2006-11-09/10 - Montreal/2007-09-11 - Fredericton/2007-09-13 - Halifax/2007-09-14 - Sydney/2007-09-15 - Charlottetown/2008-06-30 - Charlottetown/2009-05-01/02 - Montreal/2011-06-28 - Moncton/2011-06-30 - Charlottetown/2012-06-30 - Niagara-on-the-Lake/2013-02-01 - Moncton/2013-02-02 - Halifax/2015-01-10 - Toronto/2015-02-20 - Montreal/2015-07-17 - Ottawa/2016-08-18 - Ottawa/2016-08-20 - Kingston